24 July 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: Who is William Hegner?

William Hegner
Section 82, Green Lawn Cemetery
As I was taking volunteer photos, I came across this stone for William Hegner in Section 82. Trouble is, I'm not sure which William Hegner this one is. The a search of Green Lawn Cemetery entries on Find A Grave resulted in two possibilities:

Hegner, William H
b. Sep. 24, 1864 d. Feb. 17, 1938

Hegner, William J
b. 1859 d. Jun. 8, 1917

And it's entirely possible, this is a third William that is not listed in the database. So, I have this great picture, but I can't use it anywhere.

Tombstone Tuesday is a blogging prompt supported by GeneaBloggers. To participate, create a post which includes an image of a gravestone of one or more ancestors and it may also include a brief description of the image or the ancestor. Hopefully it can also include stones that you photographed for other's benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...